Here's a message from the manager of the AACC Book Store:
The fourth annual National Student Day is Thursday, October 9th.
Please join us in the cafeteria in the Student Union from 10AM until 2PM.
National Student Day is a celebration of student volunteerism and social responsibility.
The event will feature tables from the following groups:
· Office of Student Engagement
· Service Learning
· Student Achievement and Success Program
· Sustainability Learning Design Team
· Health Services
· Internship Office
· AACC Dining Services
· Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company
· AACC Student Food Pantry
Donations will be accepted for the duration of the event on behalf of the Student Food Pantry. Anyone donating goods or making a monetary contribution will be entered into a drawing for one of two $25 American Express Gift Checks.
A list of the most commonly requested or needed items is provided below:
· Individually packaged cereal
· Peanut butter
· Juice boxes
· Canned or packaged soups with pop-tops
· Ramen noodles or cup-o-noodles
· Canned seafood or meats (pop-top / easy-open preferred)
· Individually packaged fruit
· Single-serving shelf-stable microwave meals (Hormel Compleats, etc.)
· Granola bars, chips, crackers
· Toiletries (toothpaste, bar soap, deodorant)
Your support is greatly appreciated!